This Year's Ecology Fair
When and where is the Ecology Fair?
This year's Ecology Fair will be on Saturday, December 8th, 2018, at the University of Minnesota Coffman Union (Minneapolis Campus) from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
The schedule for the day is:
10:10 Greeting and Introduction in the Great Hall
10:35 Interview Session 1; Breakout Session 1
11:25 Interview Session 2; Breakout Session 2; Lunch 1
12:15 Interview Session 3; Breakout Session 3; Lunch 2
1:05 Interview Session 4; Breakout Session 4
1:55 Students with even project numbers stand by projects
2:10 Students with odd project numbers stand by projects
2:25 Closing Ceremony in the Great Hall
Registration opens at 9.
Teacher packets with all of their student schedules will be at the registration desk. Parents and other guest check in separately. Students will have until 4 PM to pick up their posters.
Each teacher can bring up to six students to the Fair for free. Your students will receive lunch, certificates, and t-shirts. You may bring more than six students if you cover their costs of $20 per participant, which will include their banquet and t-shirt.
We will not allow more than six students per project at the Ecology Fair due to limited space and the logistics of grouping students together for interviews. Teachers are encouraged to bring more than six students (our funding pays for six students to attend) if their students have multiple projects. Having smaller groups will allow for a more manageable interview group so students will benefit more from the experience. Projects can be completed by more than six students, but we ask that no more than six attend the Ecology Fair to represent the group.
Dates and Deadlines
- October 10, 2018 - Sign up to participate in the Ecology Fair
- November 2, 2018 - Submit student participant names
- November 9, 2018 - Submit project titles and abstracts; assign students to projects
- November 16, 2018 - Submit names of additional people (parents, other teachers, administrators, etc.) who will be attending the Ecology Fair
- November 25, 2018 - Select student breakout sessions
- December 8, 2018 - Ecology Fair